Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Beatles - rubber soul (remastered)

Rubber Soul was one of the few Beatles albums i had bought before in the pre-mastered days (though i don't know whats happened to my old copy) and i remembered at the time i was a little disappointed with it. I think at the time i was a too little young to appreciate it, i wanted "I am the Walrus" and the like but really this is one of the best Beatles albums. One to truly appreciate now.

It was the last album before psychedelia began to feature in the fab four's music in any meaningful way but this a very modern album. Well crafted pop songs songs like "Drive my car" and music inventiveness like "Michelle" which is still one of my favourite Beatles songs of all.

Mostly though this album takes me back to the 1960s, or how i imagine it was (as i wasn't born). Listening to this album a few mornings ago in the car i drove up behind a Mark 1 Ford Cortina complete with fins. The feeling of nostalgia nearly overcome me.

No comments:

Post a Comment