Tuesday, September 28, 2010

C86+24

I don't know whats happened lately to me, after years of pursuing other musical paths i seem to have turned full circle and gone back to the tunes and styles that defined my time at university back in the early 1990s. Maybe its part of my mid-life crisis. Back in the 90s i listened to C86 bands like Brighter, The Orchids and Tramway (all Sarah bands in fact) and shoegazers like Blind Mr Jones and Slowdive.

And now i am rediscovering these classics as well as checking out a new wave of bands who are taking these sounds onwards in new ways as well as the continuing adventures of bands from the legacy of Sarah such as the reformed Secret Shine and Harper Lee who rose from the ashes of Brighter. Ah Brighter. A band without parallel. The sound of my soul. No band could speak for my heart as them.

I think its all this psychedelia i have been listening to, its given me a taste again for meek boys with floppy fringes playing amid clouds of feedback. To some its dreadful noise. To me it is the sound of life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment