Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Siouxsie & The Banshees - twice upon a time

Siouxsie and The Banshees are of course legends of 80s alternative and goth though to be honest this is the first album of the band i have got. I decided to play it safe with a singles compilation as i am a chicken. Also this includes the Beatles cover "Dear Prudence" which is my favourite song of the band. Well until now maybe.

To be honest i prefer the later stuff when they got more into electronics like "Face to face" which has some some great pop sensibilities too. Maybe this is my new favourite track of the band now. "Peek-A-boo" is also a fun track though the sounds that resemble fart noises (maybe a little too much) make me laugh every time. "Kiss them for me" is a great indie dance track. Siouxsie and The Banshees modified their sound a lot over their career and it shows here to make this singles compilation a very varied (and often enjoyably over-the-top) ride indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment